Side By Side Advocacy is a community based, not-for-profit organisation based in West Ryde in New South Wales.
We promote and uphold the rights, needs and interests of people with intellectual disability.
We do this through advocacy.
Advocacy is being ‘side by side’ with someone when they are facing challenging situations, dealing with uncertainty or being treated unfairly.
Side By Side Advocacy may help with:
- Citizen Advocacy
- Individual Advocacy
- National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) Appeals
- Disability Royal Commission.
Some of the advocacy we offer is only available for people with intellectual disability in limited locations.
For an overview of what we offer see our Side By Side Advocacy Brochure
Where we can help
- Our Citizen Advocacy program operates in the Ryde and Hunter’s Hill local government areas.
- Individual Advocacy is available to people with disability in most locations in the northern region of Greater Sydney and in Parramatta and Cumberland LGAs. We specialise in advocacy for people with an intellectual disability.
Some other advocacy we offer is for any person with disability.
- NDIS Appeals support is available for people with disability in greater Sydney who want to appeal a decision through the Administrative Appeals Tribunal (AAT).
- Individual advocacy is available for people with disability affected by the Disability Royal Commission in most locations in the northern region of Sydney.
We welcome your enquiries if you, or someone you support, needs assistance with advocacy.
It is fine to call us if you are not sure if we can help. We will let you know.
Advocacy is offered without cost to people with disability. You do not need to be an NDIS participant to access advocacy.
We are pleased to announce that a new website is under construction and will be available soon.
If you would like to know more about our organisation we would be very happy to hear from you!
Side By Side Advocacy acknowledge the Traditional Owners of country throughout Australia and recognise their continuing connection to land, waters and culture. We pay our respects to Elders past, present and emerging.